I would love to get your feedback on this lesson and the format in particular. The lesson is intended for beginners who have completed our “Intro to Swing Course” during which you would learn the following solo dance related stuff:
- how groove and move the alternating rhythm of swing music
- how to clap the beat and count 1-2
- march and walk on the beat
- solo dance to music mixing 3 simple repeatable steps with some freestyle
Having said that, this isn’t intended to be the first lesson you take on solo, but it will be the first combination of our Solo Jazz Foundation – Level 1 course.
- did you benefit from the lesson even though you already knew the steps?
- did you skip ahead to the dance along at the end or go through it sequentially?
- if you learned something new about dancing or the steps, what exactly was it?
- what is missing that you feel should go into a beginner lesson?
If you are experienced with partnered swing, but haven’t done solo jazz and don’t know the steps:
- how did you feel about the pace of the lesson?
- were you ever motivated to skip ahead?
- did you actually pause and practice after each section or watch it straight through to just see what’s there before you practiced?
If you are a total beginner and haven’t done any dancing:
- was the lesson fun?
- were you able to learn of the video?
- did you feel overwhelmed by the pace?
- do you feel like you can dance the combination to music without me?
- would you recommend this to a friend?
- if you thought the lesson was too advanced, do you think this pace would be good if you had just come from our “Intro to Swing” course that I referenced above or would it still be too advanced?