About the CourseThis course has been archived and a new foundation course is under development.
View New Course Page
Build your solo jazz foundation! In this very detailed course, you will learn some essential jazz steps, how to flow and improvise balancing structure and freestyle, and most of all, how to take jazz steps and fully implement them into your dancing. The course culminates with a practice routine template that you can plug steps into and is loaded with tons of drills focused on specific techniques.
- SJ101 – The Getting Started Routine
- SJ102 – Essential Solo Jazz Concepts
- SJ103 – The 8-count (two-bar) jazz step
- SJ104 – Basic flow
- SJ105 – Freestyle break
- SJ106 – Musical break
- SJ107 – Working out all transitions
- SJ108 – Combinations and building to the break
- SJ109 – The musicality of repeating riffs
- SJ110 – The practice routine
- SJ111 – Replacing the basic
- SJ112 – Building your vocabulary
- SJ113 – Improvising with all the concepts and steps
- SJ114 – What next?