Where do I start if I am a total beginner?
Where do I start if I am experienced?
If you are looking for something cool, short, and progressive, we recommend trying a Challenge. This will be a great way to quickly see what level you’re at since it’s progressive rounds. Try to get to the end, and if you can’t then get to work on some foundation!
What styles do you teach?
We teach most styles under the umbrella of Swing Dancing. This includes Solo Jazz, and the partner dancing styles Basic Swing, Lindy Hop, Charleston, Balboa, and Collegiate Shag.
What is Basic Swing?
Basic Swing is the most common form of social dancing that people seem to be doing without extensive training or lessons. Some people call it east coast swing, single step, 6ct swing, and all sorts of stuff. We have defined it technically as having low momentum, more fixed patterns, and have designed to be extremely easy and fun.
What Level am I? Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced?
We are working on getting all of our content leveled, but it is still subjective so the only way to know if something is right for you is to click on it and watch a bit. In general, Beginner means it’s good for anyone who has completed Intro to Swing. Intermediate is going to be for people with a lot of experience with lessons and social dancing. Advanced is truly difficult both physically, mentally, and technically. Ridiculous is exactly that.
In our programs, which are under construction right now, we are going to be offering Level 1, 2, and 3 certifications. This are different than levels since they will define a particular set of skills and accomplishments.
How do I cancel my membership?
Go to your membership account page and click cancel.
Does anyone else teach on here besides Dax and Sarah?
Not at this time. If there is anything, in particular, you would like to learn inspired by other dancers, let us know and we can create some content inspired by them. We usually publish stuff as Signature Move series.
Where can I ask a question about stuff in a video?
You can post on the page in the comment section and we will get back to you asap.
Where can I request lessons, and ask questions to get a video response?
Please use the form here and follow the instructions.
What are my feedback options?
- Join our mentorship program for the ultimate progress in your dancing.
- Request an A La Carte Video feedback
- Book an appointment.
How do I get video feedback?
Video feedbacks are great if you want to avoid scheduling hassle. You have a couple of options!
- The one with the most impact is signing up for our MENTORSHIP PROGRAM. We help you achieve goals with a game plan, recommended lessons, and weekly feedback. Sign up here.
- Request A La Carte Feedback. Members receive over 15% off at $20 per video feedback.
How do I book an a la carte video feedback?
- Paypal us at email@example.com
*you will need to cover any Paypal fees
- Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with confirmation and your video.
- Your video must be no longer than 3 minutes.
- Please include in writing or on video what you hope to get from our feedback.
- Please specify if you want Dax or Sarah otherwise we will choose based on availability.
- You will receive a video back (usually around 10+ min long) within 48 hours.
How do I book an appointment with you?
Non-Members can book through our services option on our Facebook page.
Members can book through these links:
Can’t find the availability you are looking for? Email us at email@example.com
Overview of our Modules, Lessons, and Video Navigation.
Check out this video to see how we organize content via Modules>Lessons>Video nesting.
Progress Tracking on Lessons
Check out this video to understand the “not watched”, “watched” and “marked complete” symbols on our lessons.
How to Loop Videos with the AB Loop Video Player
What is the AB Loop Feature? Our video player allows you to repeat any part of a video. This will allow for more productive practice sessions.
How to loop a video:
Check out this video on how I loop an entire video clip and part of one.
Looping Entire Video Clips
- On the video player:
- Select ALL
- Click the circular arrow icon
- Click back to ALL to reset.
Looping Parts of Video
- On the video player:
- Select AB (white triangle icons will appear on each side of the view bar)
- Move the white triangles to “trim” the video how you want it.
- Click AB again to reset.
Video Player Keyboard Shortcuts
Note: To use keyboard shortcuts, you need to keep your mouse curse inside the player window.
Setting the AB Loop Feature:
Press I and O on the keyboard to set your start (IN) and stop (OUT) points.